Meet Year 6!

Meet Year 6!
May 2010 - Looking good!

Year 6JW

Year 6JW
Meet the class

Class 6LBa!

Class 6LBa!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Luke's holiday report






For the summer holidays we went to France for 3 weeks. We go to a place called Longeveau and it is in the Charente/Dordogne area.
We stay in a self-catering cottage that is really cool. I had a good time playing tennis with my dad, swimming at the pool and just having a
great time with my friend, Eoin that I met last year. He is from Belfast. There is also a 9-hole golf course there and I played about 3 rounds.
At Longeveau there is a clubhouse where you can play pool and table tennis and I was allowed to buy my own drinks with 5 Euros per day.
The best thing was that I could do my own thing and often stayed up very late until midnight.

One night we went to Aubeterre which is a little village nearby for pizza. The pizza there was absolutely delicious.
The owner of the pizzeria had a goat as a pet and his name was Daisy even though he was a boy. It was funny because it used to try
and head butt me all the time.
One of my highlights was when we went canoeing down the river. The van,loaded with canoes, took us upstream and then we had to
row back and it took us about 2 hours. Near the end there was a big chute to get from one level of the river to the next. My dad and I
went crashing down - it was awesome !

We also went to Cognac to the Martell distillery and we learnt how they make cognac. My sister and I got to taste some at the end.
It tasted disgusting !

Another highlight was climbing the highest sand dune in Europe. It is called Dune du Pyla. It is 3km long and 117m high.
It was very tiring climbing up - my mom and dad went up the steps instead. The view from the top was amazing. On one side there is a forest and on the other side the blue sea.

We also spent a week in England and visited friends there. It rained !

We got back to Dubai on 1st August. I had a great Summer. !!

No comments: