Meet Year 6!

Meet Year 6!
May 2010 - Looking good!

Year 6JW

Year 6JW
Meet the class

Class 6LBa!

Class 6LBa!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Victorian Day Review - by Charlotte

Victorian Day Review


Thursday March 25th 2010



I really enjoyed Victorian Day and all the many and varied activities.

I especially liked knitting Lavender Purses and the Writing Lesson. It was the first time I had ever knitted a purse and the first time I had ever used an ink pen because of course we use ballpoint pens in today’s modern times.

However I didn’t like being awarded the ‘Dunce’ hat because I was unable to speak the alphabet backwards - it was VERY humiliating but I wasn’t alone in my humiliation as Francesca ended up wearing the ‘Dunce’ hat too!

Surprisingly the house work was fun as we had to get down on all fours and scrub the floors although doing this as a full time job, day in and day out would be very hard work!

Also, whilst it was fun the PE lesson was quite an experience having to march back and forth in a very strict fashion across the gym.

Finally, it was good and quite cool to have a day away from the boys, it was certainly quiet!

All round the activities we participated in helped us to get a really good vibe and feel of what it must have been like to live and work in the Victorian Era.

2 comments:

Dylan said...

marching and scrubbing and all those thing sounds hard to do with a broken leg!

Dylan said...

marching and scrubbing and all those thing sounds hard to do with a broken leg!