Meet Year 6!

Meet Year 6!
May 2010 - Looking good!

Year 6JW

Year 6JW
Meet the class

Class 6LBa!

Class 6LBa!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rachel reflects on the Year 6 Victorian Day

On Thursday, 25th of March year 6 got to experience life as a Victorian school child.


It was awful getting in trouble for very single thing we did.



Boys and Girls had to line up at each side of the gate and we were in separate classrooms.

Miss Bates and Mr. Watson both turned from really nice teachers to horrible teachers!

The first thing we did was get our Victorian names. Mine was Myrtle Derham.

We went over to assembly and by the time we got there we had missed about half of it!

We were always being told off for slouching!

When we returned to our classrooms we went to the gym with Mr. Rowles to do drill

Apparently our marching was appalling! We weren't allowed to smile or communicate with other girls.

When we went outside for recess we had to sit at separate benches to the boys. After we had finished our snack we had to walk the perimeter of the field.

After recess we did writing. We all started off on slates and then if we were good enough we could go onto pen and ink!

When I finally got onto pen and ink I started to write my real name. I was half way through writing it when I realised I was writing the wrong name!

I slowly raised my hand and I told Miss Lorence that I made a mistake and she sent me to the corner with the Dunce hat placed on my head.

After I got out of the corner and I was put back onto a slate.

When writing was over we had a hand inspection.Most of us were sent to the bathroom to wash our hands.

Then we started to sew. I never sewed before so my sewing was the worst!

Miss Lorence didn't explain how to sew very well. She told us she wasn't in school to help, she was in school to instruct.

After recess we carried on with our sewing.

Overall, I kind of enjoyed Victorian day.
Rachel (aka Myrtle Derham)

1 comment:

Dylan said...

sounds like you had a gr8 day
so did i
Dylan