Meet Year 6!

Meet Year 6!
May 2010 - Looking good!

Year 6JW

Year 6JW
Meet the class

Class 6LBa!

Class 6LBa!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lucy thinks Adrian is......



Today Adrian Hayes, a famous polar explorer, came in and talked to us about his latest expedition to Greenland! He was the 2nd person to go from north to south of Greenland.
The slush, thin ice and the crevasses were the biggest problems.
3 words I would describe him as would be; brave, determined and focused.
I would like to do some things like Adrian has done, but I don't think I would make it through to the end because I'm not used to the cold climates and I would find the training too hard.
A thing that I learned today was that Adrian Hayes was the 15th person to reach all 3 poles. North & south pole and Mount Everest.
A horrid fact that I found out was that when he was climbing Everest, his friend lost all his fingers!! Yuck!

I think Adrian Hayes is FANTASTIC!!!!!
Lucy

No comments: