Meet Year 6!

Meet Year 6!
May 2010 - Looking good!

Year 6JW

Year 6JW
Meet the class

Class 6LBa!

Class 6LBa!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hero Debate - by Adam B

I have noticed on the blog that the hero poll has been used a lot.
What I have also noticed is that the people who aren't really heroes are winning. Michael Jackson is winning over real heroes such as Gandhi and Bill Gates. Michael Jackson is a good singer but I do not think he is a hero. The difference between Gandhi and Michael Jackson is that Gandhi saved a country that currently has roughly 1 billion people living in it and Michael Jackson sung thriller. I struggle to think how Usain Bolt is being voted as a hero more times than Bill Gates who changed the world by inventing Windows and not running 100 metres in about 9 seconds. I don't think we should have people like Michael Jackson and Usain Bolt over people like Nelson Mandella and Bill Gates. Vote for the people who made a change not a dance or a sprint.
By Adam B.
P.S: This is for the blog.
Different opinions are interesting so if u don't agree with me please say why. Thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting comments Adam. What do other pepole think? I'm not going to share my views yet - I am interested to know what Year 6 think. Miss Bates and I had a disucssion about this before the start of term!

Thanks
Mr Watson

Hazel said...

I agree with you Adam. I do not think Michael Jackson is a hero either. However I would not say Bill Gates was one. I beleive that people such as Nelson Mandella, Gandhi and Steve Irwin are true hero's. They have all changed the world hugely, for good reasons

Josh D said...

I agree with you Adam and I do think they should be our heroes of the month. But i still like thriller!

Josh D

Dylan said...

I agree Adam.

Sure Michael Jackson or Usain Bolt may not be as popular or as loved as Ghandi or Bill Gates but in the end of the day, I think it comes down to the people who changed the world.

Dylan

Adam B said...

When will you share your views Mr.W?

Adam B.

Mr Watson said...

Soon Adam - maybe the end of the week, once people have had chance to reflect on it for themselves. I'm interested in knowing what people feel and think.

Mr Watson

Francesca said...

I agree Adam I still like all those people like Usain and MJ but there are more important people in the world who actually made a change in most peoples lives like Nelson Mandela he risked his life in jail for 27 years so I agree Adam

Francesca

Corynn said...

I agree with you Adam, Michael Jackson was a singer and dancer, why would he be a hero???
Corynn