Meet Year 6!

Meet Year 6!
May 2010 - Looking good!

Year 6JW

Year 6JW
Meet the class

Class 6LBa!

Class 6LBa!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dibba - Rachel's Review

Dibba

Tuesday: We left the school at 10:00 with a lot of excitement. Ashleigh's doggy Spike was there to say goodbye along with other moms. We all left the school with BIG smiles on our faces. I sat beside Angela on the bus and Ashleigh and Natasha were sitting behind us. It was a long drive to Dibba but finally we got there. I was very excited as I was never at Dibba before. I could not wait to see my cabin. I was in green 2 with Ashleigh, Angela and Natasha. I never camped in a cabin before. I also couldn't wait to find out what activity Stuart was doing. Mr. Watson was in Stuart so that was good. Stuart did kayaking. I never kayaked before and I was super excited but when it came to going in to the sea I got nervous. I actually thought I was going to be a lot worse than what I was. I had SO much fun kayaking and I had fun in the swimming pool too.I was pleased with myself for being the person picked for standing out at the activity. I learnt a lot about the stars on the wadi walk. We had a few sweets and fell asleep.

Wednesday: I got up in a crazy mood at 6:45. After breakfast we went up to the mountains to go mountain biking. I am not very confident on a bike in the mountains. At the start was ok because we weren't going over any bumps or down steep hills. The track was hard for me because I couldn't keep my feet on the peddles for the 2nd bump. The 1st steep hill was terrifying for me because I thought I would fall off. I did it eventually. The other hill was also scary because the were a lot of stones and I thought I would skid and go tumbling down the side of the mountain. After lunch we did climbing wall, abseiling and archery. I enjoyed all of them. I didn't think I would get to the top of the climbing wall but, I did! I went slower in the competition because I was on the harder side. When we went abseiling the drop from the top of the tower was scary. I did it without screaming! I only did it once because the thing around my waist was squeezing me when I went down. When we did archery I hit some good shots. When it came to the competition for knives, forks and spoons I did bad. So bad that I had to wear pants on my head to dinner because I hit the white bit 3 times. I wasn't the only one though. Mr. Watson told us that if he didn't hit the middle of the board we could soak him in cold water. He missed and he was pushed into the freezing cold swimming pool! The talent show was very interesting. I was disappointed that Anglea decided to back out of it because I wanted to hear her sing! I do think Jamal deserved to win. I thought Hazel, Kristi and Ellie's singing was good and funny!

Thursday: I woke up at 6:40 and I started to pack my bag. I was sad that the days went by so quickly. After breakfast I did GPS. Mr Watson had to go back to the UK so Mr Whitehead took his place. I was in a three with Charlotte and Claire. We had lots of fun. I saw at least 2 baby scorpions. We were the last people to finish but I had a lot of fun! The puzzles we did after were harder than I expected. After lunch I waited around for the bus to arrive. When the bus arrived I was sad that I would never be back at Dibba again. I had a lot of fun and I wish we didn't have to go!

My favourite activity was kayaking and climbing wall.

Rachel: D

3 comments:

Corynn said...

Cool Rachel,
sounds like you have had soooooo much fun. I really enjoyed Dibba to, my favourite activity was Mountain Biking.
Corynn

Oisin said...

Sounds like you had a grrrrrrrrrrrrreat time Rachel. I did aswell.

Emily said...

I really enjoyed Dibba too! It was so much fun! But I wish we stayed a few more days.
I don't know what my favourite activity was. They wer all really fun that I can't decide. But I did really like rock climbing, abseiling and archery.